Saturday, July 10, 2010

The 4th of July in three parts. Part 1: Pimp My Bike

For the 4th year in a row, the neighborhood kids decorated bikes for the grand parade around the block. Olivia was certainly proud of her work. Although I'm a little nostalgic seeing her so big and w/o training wheels.

CamO went for the most dangerous decor, with a little Hawaiian flair.

The real wizards behind the curtain: Grandma Holly and Linda.


Flag Bearer, Olivia, might as well had CAUTION tape around her bike.
Let the parade begin!
No matter how many times I told Cameron this was a PARADE NOT A RACE, he only heard "Get ready. Get set. GOOOOOO!"
Assessing the potential competitive threat of the neighbors, Cameron was content with the lead position.

CamO: I won the race, Mom!
Me: It's not a race, CamO. It's a parade.
CamO: I won the parade, Mom!
Me: Alrighty then.

Resting up for the swim race, Leigh enjoyed the sights, and admired her bike decoration at parade speed.

No comments: