Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October Excitement

Much to my chagrin, the Egyptian-and/or-mummy-costumes-as-Halloween-costumes didn’t fly so well with Jackie and Cameron. They want to be ghosts & witches, because clearly those are the scariest Halloween costumes ever. Lucy wants to be a ghost too. No a witch too. Jackie wants to pick out the Halloween candy now so we have it, you know, just to be ready for Halloween. CamO's idea of Halloween candy is green jello. Oh my kids lead such sheltered lives!

This month, Jackie also started earning an allowance. She came up with a list of her weekly chores and she’s saving her allowance for an American Girl doll. It's been a great motivator for homework and practicing. And I see her (clean but don't want to pick up) clothes flying over the railing to get washed every morning. Who is this kid?!

Work has ramped up for me and I’m traveling again. Tonight, Cameron said to me: “I want to go with you wherever you go, Mom. If you were a kangaroo, I could go to work with you in your pocket.” Yeah, my little joey, that would be cool.

Lucy is loving school. She can’t get out the door fast enough. But her favorite thing these days is gymnastics class! Seriously, I think it’s so good for her sight/coordination issues. Why didn’t anyone tell me to do this sooner?!

Jackie took this picture of Grandad and Grandma Holly before the cold front hit NC.

No comments: