Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chapter 13: One Step Closer

We got some paperwork in the mail today from the NC Dept of Health & Human Services pertaining to the adoption. I'm not exactly sure what it all means, but my friend also adopting through the same agencies assured me it means we're One Step Closer.

This is what I THINK the paperwork is: ICPC approval which is needed for interstate placement, since Barker Foundation isn't in NC. Barker sends that request at the same time as they send the I-600 to USCIS (formerly INS). Which means our legal papers already came from Korea and apparently they forgot to notify us. So once the I-600 is approved, it then goes to the National Visa Center in NH. Once the Nat'l Visa Center approves whatever it needs to approve that hasn't already been approved, then they send it to the US Embassy in Korea to issue the Visa. At this point, it's usually 2 weeks to travel. There's so many redundant steps that I can't even follow. So when people ask have we heard anything, just say sort of.

No comments: