Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Obligatory Beach Pictures

Since we are, afterall, at the beach. And you are not! Ha ha!

Most people would think it's pretty cool beach combing, looking for shells, etc., ahem, Deane. I, on the other hand, am completely grossed out at the crap the kids pick up claiming they have found the perfect shell...or starfish..or horseshoe crab. Because this is always followed by putting their shellfish-y hands on their face or, God forbid! in my hand. Blech!

So we have our prized beach collection, which the girls made me carry in my jacket pocket and smell like rotting sea life, b/c afterall, they ARE rotting sea life! (FYI, my jacket is in the laundry already, you guys!)

And here they are...TA DA!!!! Beach pictures in December. Where we are. And you are not. :)
I would NOT put this starfish in my pocket b/c it wasn't hard. Have you ever touched a squishy, yet dead starfish? It's sooooo cool. It'll make your stomach turn.
 Lucy is so advanced, she's already writing her sister's name in the sand. That's my baby!
Okay, okay. It was really Jackie writing in the sand. And little CopyCat is just copying her.
 Jackie has grown like 4 inches in the last month.
 Oh yeah, this is the view from our hotel. The one with 5 pools. And that's the beach in the blinding sun.
 Our hotel from the beach. It was beautiful!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm pretty sure I saw that hotel and drank at the bar of that hotel when my family was in hilton head years ago! Such great memories you are creating.