Friday, May 29, 2009

Ball 'O Nerves

As Julie would say, I'm getting fluffed about The Trip. The baby's stuff has been ready to go for weeks, but I have yet to start my own packing. The trip begins early Sunday. I fly to O'Hare, where I meet up with my mom. Then we fly (14 hrs) to Narita, JPN and another 3 1/2 hrs to Seoul. We arrive in Seoul on Monday. And meet the baby TUESDAY!

I'm nervous about the flight, about leaving my babies. What if this new baby doesn't want anything to do with me? We've riped her away from the only mother she knows, changed her food, flipped days to nights, and don't speak her language, let alone, know what soothes her. Hence, my Ball 'O Nerves. I'm thankful my mom is going with me. Mainly to take care of me, so I can take care of the baby.

Pray for our safe travels to and from South Korea, that N. Korea doesn't attack and a smooth transition for this new baby! Thanks for all your well wishes and I will try to blog every day overseas!

4 comments:

Katy Gilliam said...

I can not wait to hear all about it. I will think safe travels and wonderful baby bonding thoughts while you are gone. This is SO exciting!

Anonymous said...

Doofus, You spelled ripped wrong. Your loving husband.

Lauren Mason said...

We will be saying prayers for your safe travels! Don't worry about the rest. Love will get you all through!

amanda said...

You are a wonderful mother...so there is nothing to be worried about. What ever that baby girl needs you will be there...you ARE her "real" mom and will know just how to make her happy.