Wednesday, August 19, 2009

All Seven Grandkids

We are back! All a little sick, itchy or worn out. We had quite the trip and it was a last minute plan to travel to Pittsburgh from the Wye River, but WELL worth the visit. I'm stealing this pic off my sister's blog, b/c I don't have the energy to upload my own pics. It wouldn't be a family trip w/o an ER visit (Dave) a barf (Jackie) and someone getting sick (me). Good times.*


L-R: Sammie (2 1/2) Wyatt (3 1/2) Lucy Goosey, Jackie, Shane (6 mo), Jonah (2 1/2) CDog.


*Dave (AKA MR. PREDNISONE MAN) had a severe reaction to poison ivy. He is fine now. Don't give him any sympathy b/c he waited until it was dripping and oozing before going to urgent care for prednisone. FOUR DAYS LATER! Seriously, no sympathy. Jackie barfed less than 10 min into our 8-hr trip home, but just once. Of course we prepared well in advance by packing specified 'barf towels' b/c we are not neophytes at this. I, on the other hand, am wiped, have a horrible cold and would like to use my sympathy card here if it will get me out of unpacking from the trip.

2 comments:

superdavepaul said...

Sympathy?! No way! The marathon trip was your idea. Your loving husband.

Kelly said...

Oh no! That reminds me of the days traveling back & forth from CT to MI with the kids...there has been a permanent barf bucket in our vehicle since 2002, I believe :). Hope you feel better soon!