Monday, May 24, 2010

It's a jungle out there. But seriously?

So Miracle Gro works. Maybe a little too well. I SWEAR, I only applied it once. But now we have a jungle for a garden. A large toad lives in the garden under the squash leaves. Happy could shade her entire body under one squash leaf. And she's a porker.

I'm looking for some gardening advice here: Do I thin out the squash so that the strawberries actually get sunlight? Or do I pull out the strawberries and let the squash tentacles take over.
Can we save the plants that have been 'thinned out?' (What does that mean, BTW). And can we trail the cantaloupe into the mulch? The obvious solution would be for Dave to build a bigger garden.

Does the watermelon have a chance? Maybe they need a second dose of Miracle Gro.
Thanks for the gardening advice, y'all!

2 comments:

Amanda Ferguson said...

Feel free to send extras over!! We loved the strawberries! I want to copy you next spring so I hope you get tons of knowledge this growing season!

Amanda Ferguson said...

Feel free to send extras over!! We loved the strawberries! I want to copy you next spring so I hope you get tons of knowledge this growing season!