Wednesday, March 18, 2009

HR sucks donkeyballs

I hesitate to write another blog entry b/c I want to leave Sooryeo's picture at the top of my browser. I can stare at her all day long...

In other news, I called HR today to iron out the maternity details. According to the FMLA, if I gave birth to my child, I would have 6 wks PAID. But b/c she didn't come from my body, it's UNPAID. After much discussion with friends, colleagues, & HR once again how that can't be, it turns out that it is. It's an NC state law for companies to pay the 6 wks FMLA, but b/c Smiths is based in the UK, they don't have to pay. I guess it's the first of many prejudices we will experience as a family w/ an internationally adopted child. It's still all bullshit and HR sucks donkeyballs.


Happy St. Patty's Birthday to Uncle Aaron (yesterday)

No comments: