Saturday, March 28, 2009

Vacation of sorts

Since I had the shittiest of weeks and Dave has been to 3 states in as many days, we thought it would be a good idea to spend a few days together in Charlotte, as a family. Let me be clear, my favorite part of the weekend was the ride there, with all four of us in the car, kids asleep, traveling in the darkest of the night. It was deafeningly silent and peaceful. Dave and I had a full conversation, w/o interrupted thoughts. And I remember why I married the guy. It was 2:30am in the morning, but still.

Of course, Dave had to work the first day. So the kids and I spent the morning at Discovery World, and the afternoon at the pool. Since we’re preparing for the return of Noah’s Ark, we ran out of things to do, but the kids didn’t run out of steam. So they ran the hallways on every floor, all 15 of them. Cameron was wheezing by the end and Jacqueline was coughing up a lung. But they slept well! Tomorrow, Dave, DEANE & the kids head off to Asheville for a few days. I’m staying behind. It will be a dream come true!

Discovery Place is like Marbles, but has older kid activities as well. This was a self-activated chair that rises when you push the buttons on the handles. BOTH kids loved this thing.

No comments: