Thursday, June 4, 2009

Gotcha Day!

Few words can describe the emotion of the morning. It was an exceptional experience and I can't begin to say how blessed we are to have met all the people along the way to make this journey happen. Mom & I started the day by printing out pictures from our first meeting with Sooryeo and some of our sightseeing trips to give to the foster mother. We met everyone at 11am at SWS and our social worker, Miss Lee was a delight! She was equally as excited as we were.
Sooryeo's travel documents and visa.

Signing the paper that says we have officially taken posession of her.
Behind me is our social worker, Miss Lee. I love her. Next to her is Miss Sun, who is the director of SWS. She spoke AMAZING english. The foster mom giving her last hugs & soothing words to Sooryeo. She said Sooryeo's a smart baby, who is very sensitive and will be sad at first.
Sooryeo's foster mom put her in my arms! It was a moving moment for both of us.

Here She Is: Lucy Sooryeo Paul.
Proud new grandma!


Lucy was not in the least bit interested in leaving her foster mother. She SCREAMED the entire walk home and once we got in the room. So we left the room and walked and walked b/c she seemed to tolerate that. When we finally got back to the room, Lucy was much happier with mom laying down to nap with her than I. And I let her, b/c I think it made it easier for her. (Mom is same age as her foster mom, wears glasses, etc.) Lucy also kept crying ‘OhMa’ over and over again. When she woke up, she was happy & babbled with us. I can't wait to get her home to meet the rest of her family! I miss my other babies & Daddy-O! Much love, Mom, Grandma & Lucy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet Lucy!!

Diane Evia-Lanevi said...

So happy for you - tears in my eyes! Brings back memories for the Lanevis. It's a beautiful way to become a family. Can't wait to meet her!!
Diane, Sammy, Ingemar

Anonymous said...

oh honey I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!! She is JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! Seriously!! Those big, huge brown eyes. I am in love with her already!! You must be so proud!! Let us know when you are back, I will be paying close attention. Travel safe, honey!!

Love Jen

Anne Benson said...

We just can't wait to meet little Miss Lucy! 8 ) She is just precious! Have a safe journey back!

Anonymous said...

Allison, I am so over the moon for you and the rest of the family! Lucy is adorable and going to make a wonderful addition to your family. I can't wait to see pictures of the whole family together. xoxo, jackie