Monday, June 1, 2009

We're Here!

We made it!

After nearly 24 hours of travel, we are finally in Seoul! (We’re currently listening to CNN report on the missing flight from Rio de Janero to France. Our thoughts and prayers are with those families.)

Since mom and I are neophyte international travels, we had no idea that we would travel North over Alberta and Alaska in a big arc then down across Asia to Japan. And then to Korea. The Asian children on the 14-hr flight to Japan were immensely well-behaved. That would NEVER happen with my kids, including the new one.

Once we arrived in Tokyo, our temperatures were taken. Probably checking for swine flu. They nodded, smiled and passed us all through.

Many people speak English here and are exceptionally helpful, especially for oblivious foreigners. But when they don’t understand, they just nod and smile and say 'very nice'. Isn't it amazing that Americans go to a foreign country and EXPECT them to speak English!?

We’re staying within walking distance of SWS at the Renaissance Hotel. The accommodations are westernized. Tomorrow morning we’ll try out their rec center & pool. They also have an indoor driving range, putting course and a walking path around the putting course! We're doing some sightseeing and shopping in the morning. In the afternoon, we meet our baby girl! I just can’t imagine what it will be like!
I apologize for the random photos. We didn't locate the camera until we got settled in the hotel and stayed for the evening.



Mom modeling our room. Crib's already here. Now we just need the baby.


The lobby of our hotel.

I don't have a clue what temple this was, but it's also in the hotel lobby.




Noteworthy: Pepsi Coke and Light Coke in skinny bottles.



Even in Korea, Monsters, Inc. is big. No comment on this jet-lagged mama!




I'm sure my kids have NO IDEA what this is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey. I had no idea this was coming so fast. Again, "BAD FRIEND, BAD!!!" I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear the entire saga... You have GOT to be exhausted. I cannot imagine. You MUST keep up the posts. I want to hear all about Korea, the culture and what you see, etc. Pay close attention to the details for your little one.. that is her homeland and she will no doubt have questions.

I bet Dave and the kids are anxiously waiting. When will you head back? I will keep reading this with great interest whenever I check my computer.

Savannah is coming to stay for 4 weeks next Tuesday. It would be awesome to come and visit with her if you aren't too crazy. What do you think???

Well, don't worry about stuff here. Concentrate on that baby and yourselves. Again, I am so happy for you and SOOO PROUD at how you guys made this happen. When you set your mind to something, chickie!!

Good luck, my prayers and thoughts are with you, mama and baby!!

Love Jen and Laney

Katy Gilliam said...

I am thrilled for you. I hope for you an amazing day tomorrow and can not wait to read about it! xoxo